RECIPE: Chicken Bundles

Back to Pinterest for more interesting food ideas for this week.  I wanted something quick, easy and light (since my amazing neighbors filled me up with ribs and all the fixins' at lunch).  I've actually made these amazing bundles a few times before and like many of the commenters on the original blog post for the recipe (which you can find here at Quick and Easy Dinner ) I have found that I like to switch it up a bit and add different flavors.  It's a great recipe for a quick, light meal and of course for leftover lunches through the week.
Forget the shadows, they are amazing!

Ingredients:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1-13 oz. can chicken (or equivalent cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken, etc - I just cooked some chicken breast in a bit of chicken broth because well, flavor)
1/2 Tbs. sesame seeds
2 cans crescent rolls - leave in fridge until ready to use!
1/2 Tbs. finely chopped onion or dried minced onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheese (you pick, I use sharp cheddar)
a bit of melted butter

Directions:
Start by preheating your oven to 375.  That is assuming you have already cooked the chicken and softened the cream cheese.  I let the cream cheese sit while I cook the chicken and then preheat while I'm shredding the chicken.

Mix everything together but the crescent rolls and butter.  

Take the crescent rolls from the refrigerator and open the crescent rolls but DO NOT divide into triangles. Keep every 2 triangles together, forming 8 rectangles.  Pinch the seams closed and pat each one out into a larger square.Put a spoonful of chicken/cream cheese mixture into the center of each square. Fold the corners up into the center, layering like flower petals so the roll is sealed. (Don't stress too much on the technique, fold them up press seams together to make a bundle.)
Yes it's blurry but hey don't worry about form right?  Just pinch!

Repeat with all 8 rectangles. You're going to worry that you're doing this wrong, but you're not, just do it, I promise they'll taste delicious.  Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and brush with just a glaze of melted butter before baking until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.


No comments